Thursday, August 26, 2010

Creating a Wiki for your school library

Today Sandy explained to us how we can create our own wiki for our school library. I have had my own thoughts about wikis, i.e not encouraging learners to make use of any wiki, how some people can be spiteful and put bad comments when contributing or whatever has been contributed can be destroyed but after listening to Sandy, (partially - because I was struggling to get some foreign language deleted from my blog! Sandy managed, after much effort to get the setting right. Thanks Sandy. I afterwards caught up with some reading on wikis) it sounded very interesting and because this is a group project I look forward to working with assigned members. Now we will be able to put our skills to the test as to what we have been taught over the past weeks. Imagine you will be able to check if someone in your group is not contributing, how knowledge can be shared collectively, quickly and thoroughly. This is amazing! I told myself I need to get connected to the internet as quickly as posssible (with the increase being implemented, I am very hopeful) because then I will be able to track whoever has made any changes. Now I have a different mindset about wikis. I like the idea of interlinking and becauseI have already practised that skill, I cannot wait for the collaborative sessions where I will be allowed to share understandable information with other librarians in Manenberg! Great stuff!

Thanks for a great session.
Josephine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure that your comments are relevent to the posting.