Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mixed feelings

Recently I completed an essay on Information Overload. I gathered so much information from the net that I realized that maybe I could have done better in my research. I developed these feelings after doing some reading on web evaluation - what exactly one needs to look at when you do research, i.e is the content valiid, when last was it updated, list of credentials of publishers, coverage etc. I think now I will look differently at web pages and also maybe instill that in my learners. I think I will do a couple of lessons on that because like me, they might also make the mistake of just choosing any information that pops up ( I think that is why I had so much information ). One really needs to scan the pages properly before downloading information. Today I also feel depressed as my son and his friend was accidently shot whilst on their way to the shop. The thugs got away but my son's friend was killed instantly. The motive unknown. Anyway, this is very traumatic for me and my family. My son was released from hospital. Today we are writing a web evaluation test and I'm looking forward to see how Sandy has set the test. Hope we all pass this test.

Love Josephine

4 comments:

  1. Dear Josephine
    I am in shock about the news. You are a strong woman though and I know you will pull this one through as well.About the test: I Made some mistakes again. I recognized some features that could help me with answering the questions on the websites but did not give enough explanations. I guess I was too nervous. I used some sites that were available on the internet about web evaluation to prepare me for the test.
    What I learnt was about the 5W's ( Who, what, Where,When and why) We should really be aware of the misinformation that is prevalent on the internet. Checking the URL can perhaps save time when you are uncertain of the credibility of the site.( Perhaps not always).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to know how people feel about the assessment. I know it frustrate to have an idea and still do not put on the paper, that is very devastating. Never the less it is also anothr way of learning, as we know that learning is a process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josephine I'm sorry to hear about your son. I pry that they both get well soon. Would also like to say that you are indeed a strong woman, your son was shot but be able to write the test as well. Know that God is always there for you whenever you call upon Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Josephine

    Sorry to hear about your son. I know it is very traumatic. Hope that your and your family are coping and your son is ok.
    Keep praying. God answers prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Please ensure that your comments are relevent to the posting.